Explore New Zealand Discount Programme
The Explore New Zealand Discount Programme is designed to support international travel trade and media visiting New Zealand on an independent trip. Approved applicants received access to the Explore Pass, which provides discounted product offers at tourism businesses across the country.
How to load an offer
New Zealand tourism operators can submit an offer through their profile on the operator database: register.newzealand.com
This is the same place you go to enter your listings for newzealand.com
- Log-in to the operator database.
- Click 'Register for Explore' and agree to terms of trade.
- Complete the required fields.
- Choose your offer type from the drop down.
- Set special conditions (validity/blackout dates, subject to availability etc...)
- Save offer (this will submit the offer for approval).
Why you should be involved
- Travel sellers who experience your product are more likely to recommend and sell it to their clients when they return home.
- Media have either been commissioned to writer a story, make a broadcast programme, or have their own recognised media channels, so you will have the opportunity to be included in their work.
- Providing an offer for the Explore Pass means at the very least that you are visible to accredited visiting travel sellers and media - free marketing!
- If you make the effort to meet them when they visit your business, you can start a positive working relationship. Remember to get their business card so you can follow up easily.
- It's a great way to showcase your product for free to people who can attract you more business.
- More than 500 people are issued a pass each year.
What should you offer
- Offers are usually free, two-for-one or 50% off for the cardholder.
- When you register, you'll be presented with a range of offers to choose from. You can offer something differently if you wish by selecting 'other' and entering your offer manually.
- If you are a nationwide company, you will need to make an offer related to each individual product listing.
Who can apply for the Explore Pass
- The Explore Pass is available to international travel sellers and media, including, but not limited to:
- Frontline travel agents who can use their New Zealand experiences to better advise, recommend and sell products to their clients.
- Product managers and/or key decision makers within the tourism sector who can increase New Zealand's profile.
- International media with a validated commission to profile New Zealand as an international destination.